Editor’s Note: The following information was provided by Peekskill United.
Unfortunately, due to late notice and scheduling conflicts, Peekskill United cannot attend tomorrow’s forum. Peekskill United was contacted late about the forum the Peekskill NAACP scheduled for Sept. 9.
After trying to ensure a fair and unbiased event, we were ignored and our names were still used without permission in a press release stating we would be attending. If truly an unbiased event, our input and schedule would have been taken into consideration to show a clear level of respect.
The event taking precedence is the Peekskill Police and Fire Department 5K. We see this as a very important event to support for our community. Since the forum provides the questions in advance and our written responses were requested, we are making the best of both worlds. Luis Segarra and Robert Sullivan wanted to take the time to answer these questions in a video that can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Above all, we’re looking forward to an unbiased objective debate in the future.
Video can be seen here.
• Video: Peekskill City Employees Union endorses Catalina ticket Friday at City Hall
• Appeals court upholds reversal: Segarra and Sullivan will compete for Democratic line Sept. 12
• Peekskill Democrats: Court decision enables Republicans to ‘deceive and deprive voters’
• Appellate Court: Catalina running mates Sullivan and Segarra CAN run in Sept. 12 Democratic primary
• Judge: Segarra and Sullivan on the Democratic line? Not so fast!