The third annual Santa Candy Cane Run will be making stops with Santa Claus and candy canes at various locations in Peekskill Saturday afternoon. This event is being run and sponsored by Rob Casasanta, owner of the 1974 Mack Fire Truck Engine 626.
“It is our hope to bring the kids of Peekskill some Christmas cheer with Santa,” Casasanta said. “Santa will be handing out candy canes to all of the kids.”
Times and locations for Saturday, Dec. 16 are as follows:
• 11 a.m. at the Riverfront by the playground
• 11:30 a.m. at the McDonalds on Welcher Avenue
• 12 p.m. at Franklin Park on Franklin Street
• 12:30 p.m. at Depew Park by the playground
• 1 p.m. Crossroads by Rite Aid
• 1:30 p.m. at Bohlman Towers
• 2 p.m. at Park Street (Turnkey Apartments)
• 2:30 p.m. at the Beach Shopping Center (Stop & Shop)
• 3 p.m. at Stuhr Gardens
• 3:30 p.m. at Dunbar Heights (upper lot)
• 4 p.m. at Hampton Oaks
• 4:30 p.m. at Hillcrest Park
Times are approximate and subject to change. If you have any questions or comments, email Rob Casasanta at RWC130@aol.com. In the subject line write “Santa – Fire Truck.” This event is not affiliated with the City of Peekskill.